Friday, October 24, 2008

Today we visited an arts high school in Hiroshima. WOW! It earns it reputation of being one of the most prestigious high schools. I learned to play a little Japanese flute and do some Japanese calligraphy. I made signs for the library doors! We also learned to play a Japanese flute. This one the instructor made out of PVC pipe for all of us!





I am leaving tomorrow morning to stay with my host family overnight, then head back to a different hotel called a ryoken which is a traditional Japanese hotel with futon mattresses on the mats on the floor. I'm looking forward to both evenings. We will go back to Tokyo on Monday night on the bullet train. I won’t have Internet access until I return to Tokyo.

The rest of next week is filled with seminar sessions and some free evenings to explore Tokyo, then I head back to the United States on Thursday. Where did the time go?

I love being in Japan and feel so comfortable here. I didn't expect to feel that way. I expected to love Japan but to have it feel more "foreign" to me. I don't think there's any better sign of a successful journey than that!

No comments: