Monday, October 13, 2008

Let the adventure begin!


I'm all packed and heading to the San Francisco airport this morning for my flight to Tokyo. It's fun, and a little strange, to travel with 160 people I don't know and will spend the next 19 days with. Everyone is in the same boat (or plane?) so it's been easy to get to know other teachers and administrators. There are four of us from MN.

We had our orientation yesterday. We learned some important etiquette lessons which makes me realize how silly I'm likely to look when I forget. I'll be sure to post about those things! We also found out that we are the last teachers to participate in this program as funding has been cut. It makes me even more grateful to be here.

Last night we went to the residence of Japanese Consul General Yasumasa Nagamine in San Francisco for a nice reception and tasty food.


















'







My flight leaves at 11:30 a.m today (Monday) and arrives Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. That's 27 hours later but the flight is only 9 hours. Explain that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are airborne and headed west! Congratulations on this exciting journey.

Anonymous said...

So ive been hearing that you were in japan i really wish i can go there well i really hope you have a nice time in japan i hope you come back soon so i can talk to you about how amazing was your big trip was so im gonna ask you about the trip so be ready to tell me every thing about you trip from your friend Marshall in ms.Dreslers class.

Anonymous said...

it is so nice to be able to see all the pictures and you wonderful adventure hopefully you can sed more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!