Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hi sixth graders!

All your comments made my day! I couldn't publish most of them because you included your first and last name. If you want them to show up on the web, just use your first name or initials.

So in answer to some of your questions.

* Yes, Japanese students learn English. There are still many people who don't speak English but there's enough that I got to and from the fish market today!

*The books that are on the blog are either in the library or are ordered already so look for them!

*The food is very fresh here. Some things taste very similar or the same, some are prepared so much better and some, well, I haven't had the nerve to try them yet.

*Kyogen was funny but not "roll on the floor" funny. The story was about a man who was avoiding work by pretending to have a cramp in his leg. The other man was trying to trick him into working by telling him about a big party and the man's cramp miraculously vanished. When he found out the party was made up and he had to work, the cramp returned. I bought a video of the performance and the scripts so you can try it when I get back!

*Japan time is 14 hours ahead of MN time. So it's 7:30 a.m. here and 5:30 p.m. in MN. I hope you had a great day in school and you enjoy your four day weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is the highlight of my day. I've passed on the link to friends and relatives. I have learned a lot! You are doing a great job of reporting to us all using a variety of Web tools! You rock! LG

O'Darius said...

I did not know you where in japan until today so tell me how it was when you get back.hope you have a very fun time.